The Notebook Movie Quotes

'The Notebook' is a novel written by Nicholas Sparks. This book was made into a movie of the same name, which released in 2004 and went on to gross over a hundred million dollars worldwide. This romantic movie speaks of the love between Noah Calhoun, a poor country boy and Allie Hamilton, a high-end city girl, and how in the end, their love triumphs. A moving love story, 'The Notebook' movie quotes became a rage worldwide and still echo the true meaning and feel of love. Although most of the famous movie quotes from 'The Notebook' are similar to those in the book, some of them were added during the screenplay writing. So given below are 'The Notebook' movie quotes that will simply make you fall in love all over again!

The Notebook Quotes

(In a letter to Allie): My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah.

Lon: [to Allie] The way I see it, I got three choices. One, I can shoot him. Two, I can kick the crap out of him. Or three, I leave you. Well, all that&s no good. You see, 'cause none of those options get me you.

Duke: Science only goes so far and then comes God.

Duke: That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

Duke: It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy. She was from the city. She had the world at her feet while he didn't have two dimes to rub together.

Allie: Do you think our love can make miracles?
Duke: I do.

Allie: Do you think our love, can take us away together?
Duke: I think our love can do anything we want it to.

Duke: I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.

Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be real hard. And we're gonna have to work
at this every day, but I want to do that, because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. ... Will you do something for me? Please? Will you just picture your life for me? years from now, what's it look like? If it's with that guy, go! Go! I lost you once, I think I could do it again, if I thought it's what you really wanted. But don't you take
the easy way out.

Duke (to older Allie): I think our love can do anything we want it to.

Duke (reading): Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars - a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they're gone.

Duke (reading, about Noah): She had come back into his life like a sudden flame, blazing and streaming into his heart. Noah stayed up all night contemplating the certain agony he knew would be his if he were to lose her twice.

Allie's mother (about her sweetheart of 25 years ago, now a laborer shoveling gravel): Sometimes when I'm in the area, I just stop here and I watch him, trying to picture how different my life might have been.

Noah: I could be fun, if you want. I could be pensive, uhh... smart, superstitious, brave? And I, uhh, I can be light on my feet. I could be whatever you want. You just tell me what you want, and I'm gonna be that for you.

Read more on:


    Romantic Quotes From Movies
    Movie Quotes About Love

So, these were some of 'The Notebook' movie quotes. However, to feel the real magic, cozy up with your special someone, rent this movie, and feel the love come alive on screen!

3 comments: